Secure your website: A step-by-step guide on implementing VinCSS FIDO2 Login plugin to WordPress.
A company’s website is one of its most valuable assets.
We have all seen the damage done to businesses and organizations whose websites have been hacked, defaced, or turned into spam and malware-distributing web zombies. Most cybersecurity professionals know that passwords are not enough to protect valuable online resources. There’s no other method than a FIDO2 authentication that offers the same level of security, ease of use, and peace of mind for protecting your website from malicious attackers.
The SpearID FIDO2 security key comes at a fraction of the cost of any level of website data-breach. It is by far the most secure authentication and login method available on the WordPress platform.
We are happy to share with you this is step-by-step guide on how to install the FIDO2 login plugin in WordPress and how to set up your SpearID FIDO2 security key to WordPress. This guide uses the “VINCSS FIDO2 Login” plugin available for free on WordPress.
First Step: install the WordPress plugin for FIDO2 login:
1. Log in to your WordPress dashboard.
2. Go to the “Plugins” section and click on “Add New.”
3. In the search bar, type “VINCSS Fido2 Login” and hit enter.
4. Click on the “Install Now” button for the VINCSS Fido2 Login plugin.
5. Once the plugin is installed, activate it.
6. Go to the “Settings” section and click on “VINCSS Fido2 Login.”
7. In the VINCSS Fido2 Login settings, enable the FIDO2 authentication feature.
Second Step: register SpearID FIDO2 security key to WordPress:
8. Register your SpearID FIDO2 security key with your account by clicking the “Add Key” button and following the on-screen instructions.
9. Once you have registered your SpearID FIDO2 security key, log out of your WordPress site.
10. To log in again, simply enter your username and click the “Log In with FIDO2” button.
11. You will be prompted to use your FIDO2 security key to log in.
12. Connect your SpearID FIDO2 security key to your device and confirm the authentication request.
13. Once the authentication is successful, you will be logged in to your WordPress site.
By installing the FIDO2 login plugin to WordPress, website administrators benefit from a truly secure and convenient login experience, helping to protect their websites from hacking, de-facing and take-over attacks. When it takes so little to protect your valuable web presence and reputation, it about time to get it done!
Lern more about our SpearID FIDO2 products on our webpage : FIDO2.fi where we provide an FAQ section and a comprehensive user-guide both in English and Finnish.